Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rainy day

Today is a rainy day and a cold one to boot. I guess it fits with the overall mood - cold and gray.
Strange thing is that gray is often associated with "cold" where for me gray is actually one of the warmest colors and one of my favorites. Truth be told I am a green person first, gray second.

My house in the past used to have lots of wall colors and dark furniture to balance. What it meant is that I changed the color of the walls every 2 to 3 years as I grew tired of my choices and/or my taste evolved. I was never satisfied if for just a couple of months at the beginning , then I would go through the questioning phase, moving things around phase, new artwork phase, don't like phase, hate it phase and finally re-paint phase...

Then 5 years ago I was introduced to the C2paint Company and a color known as Vex Number C427 ). http://www.c2paint.com/. It totally changed my way of thinking. Not only I have not repainted that first room in 5 years but now all of the rooms are Vex. Int he dead of winter when snow is piled up outside this color is calm and warm and embraces you like a blanket, in the spring the new greens bounce off and look bright and vivid, the high sun creates magical hues during the summer and when the leafs turn in the fall it provides the most beautiful background to the gold outside and the fire roaring inside. I guess you can say I am in love...and I am not alone. Many people come through my house and some of them have become groupies just like me. You might just want to give it a try and after that you will never refer to gray as cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment