Saturday, August 29, 2009

2CV



Recently my friend Helen who is British but lives in my hometown of Paris, came to visit. As we were strolling through Maine on a warm afternoon, our discussion led us to old cars. I mentioned the fact that if ever were to own a farmhouse it would have to have in the driveway an old Chevy truck to help me transport everything I would be looking for.



Helen on the other hand told me of her love of the 2CV the ultimate french car. I had not thought of these in a long time but truth be told since our conversation the 2CV has been on my mind. My Mom and Dad had one lovingly called "the tin can" as the top opened like a can of sardines.


It was the hip car in the TV series called " The Saints" with Roger Moore.







2CVs (also known as deux chevaux to describe the engine power) were available in a range of colors such as yellow or green.






But the most popular was the one without any color at all or at least it seemed that way. Today the 2CV is back in fashion and owning one is very cool. Even Hermes last year joined for the anniversary by outfitting a few cars that only the rich could afford.


So now that I have reconnected with this icon, I do hope Helen gets her dream and finds her dream 2CV...hers is fire engine red! I would love to zoom trough Paris in one of those babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment