Sunday, August 9, 2009

An afternoon in Maine

Recently very dear friends came to visit from Europe. He, is my husband's best friend since they were young teen, she, is a great gal who the more I know her, the more I like her. They came along with their 3 fabulous kids. I know it might seem strange to hear any one talk about someone else's kids as fabulous but trust me these kids really are. So on a sunny day we decided to head off to Maine. Southern Maine, Ogunquit to be exact. Although during the summer this is a very busy place, we never have problems finding parking or some spot on the beach that fits people of all ages. But let's be honest after 2 hours on the beach I am is dire need to go antiquing. In southern Maine it is quite easy...follow route 1 from Kittery to Kennebunk and you will fine just about everything. Don't be fooled by the fakes there are so many beautiful spots to visit. My favorites? Wells Union Antiques. 9 shops make this spot a must visit, from the glass and metal antique shop (I could buy everything if I could afford it) to the master Zinc artist that will create to your specifications I cannot go to Maine without going to get inspired. This place is fabulous!
Other like Antiques on Nine is Kennebunk are a must stop to visit spot.
So you if you ever find yourself in southern Maine, go and visit some of those shops and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment