Sunday, September 6, 2009

1st dibs


I always look for things that are unique and different. Not to be different for the sake of being different. No I guess my attractions are such that I have to often search long and hard to get what I want, And off course when I do it costs an arm and a leg. My friends always tell me that I have a luxurious taste but my wallet cannot support my attractions.

No complaints (not too much that is) I am still one of the lucky ones when I look at what is happening in the world. What it means is that sometime the searches are ling to find what I want. Last night I was searching for Mercury Glass pendant shades for my kitchen island. I still have not found what I am looking for but I fell upon this website that totally stole my heart http://www.1stdibs.com/. They call it the place where you find " The most beautiful things on earth". Yep I agree this is a great place.
I found Mantique Modern in New York, with fabulous unique objects:
A 1930 over sized Hermes bag and the skeleton head of a crocodile mounted on a fabulous stand



















Then there is the Splendid Pleasant with weather vanes that make me drool (yes they do)





And then there is Tara Shaw with this fabulous Zinc mirror and Schorr and Dobinsky with this amazing (but sold) zinc top French table.





I could go on and on but there is something for everyone, trust me.

1 comment: